- For additional information on any of the above trips, call Steve Moore, 509-933-1179
- Beginners are encouraged to join any field trip
- Carpool guidelines are twenty-five cents ($0.25) per mile divided by the number of people in the auto, excluding the driver
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or adult
- Be prepared with appropriate footwear and clothing for changing weather
- Bring a lunch, drinks, and snacks for trips that go beyond midday
- No pets, please
- Bring binoculars and a field guide
- Have fun and enjoy being out-of-doors
Join an Adventure Lab Bird Tour!
Take a birding tour of Irene Rinehart Riverfront Park and the Reecer Creek Floodplain, where over 160 bird species have been observed. This adventure visits five different habitats that host a diverse population of birds. Learn about which birds can commonly be seen at different times of the year and see them yourself! The birds are most active in the early morning.
Consider downloading the app Merlin, which helps with visual and sound bird identification. Irene Rinehart Riverfront Park is a 117 acre park adjacent to the Yakima River. You can access the park from Umptanum Road and walk a trail along the Yakima River, or from late spring to early fall the ponds can be accessed by road. Alternatively, the Reecer Creek Floodplain can be accessed from Rotary Park. There is a walkway that runs under interstate 90 that connects the Reecer Creek Floodplain and Irene Rinehart Riverfront Park.
Take a stroll along the lake and begin the Adventure Lab Tour!